“The Aerostar aerostat system is a proven technology providing key situational awareness in a given area through its radar and EO/IR payloads. It provided a broad picture of the surface and air traffic around the HSV SWIFT. This paid big dividends in extending the range of onboard systems on HSV SWIFT.” – Ted J. Venable, CN Program Manager/Unmanned Aircraft Systems Commander U.S. Naval Forces, Southern Command Commander, U.S. FOURTH Fleet
Gathering Intelligence. Broadening the Horizon.
Responsive Aerostat Systems are long-duration, reliable platforms that perform critical missions for a smart, cost-effective investment. Optimized for quick-reaction deployments, they are used in missions where operators can gather intelligence and react quickly. They can operate onsite as a full turnkey system or, using a system of systems approach, they can be integrated with other platforms to form a larger operational network.
Aerostats have operated successfully in commercial, military and scientific uses for decades. Already empowering forces across the globe, Responsive Aerostat Systems offer 24/7 persistent surveillance. When paired with mission-specific sensors (such as Radar Systems, EO/IR cameras, and technology relays), they optimize communication, intelligence gathering, surveillance and reconnaissance.
- Border and Maritime Surveillance
- Force Protection
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Beyond Line of Sight Communication Relays
- Incident Awareness and Assessment
- Disaster Response
- Atmospheric Testing
Meeting Critical Needs
Responsive Aerostat Systems can be rapidly fielded in both land and maritime environments. Raven Aerostar is a systems integrator, offering tailored turnkey solutions as well as Operational Support. Able to carry a wide range of payloads and technology, Responsive Aerostat Systems are customized to meet any mission need.
- Provide timely intelligence of target information
- Employ radar and camera surveillance to provide overwatch and search large areas
- Reconstitute, extend range and improve network communications
- Enhance defense operations and monitor suspicious activity
- Improve mission analysis and neutralization time
- Maintain continuous air, land and sea domain awareness
- Aerostat Envelope
- Command and Control Module
- Mission Equipment Box
- Electro Optical Tether Line
- Winch System
- Mobile Mooring Platform
Responsive Aerostat Systems can be efficiently operated by a crew of 4-6 personnel.
Aerostat performance is dependent on flight altitude, operational elevation, payload weight, and weather conditions.