Bluetooth Rate of Turn & AIS
The Raven Revolve is a rate of turn (ROT) sensor and automatic identification system (AIS) interface device for ship navigation. The Revolve integrates with a portable pilot unit via Bluetooth wireless or a USB cable.
- Robust, reliable sensor based upon professional grade gyro technology.
- Transmits ROT and AIS data via wireless data link with range up to 100 m (330 feet).
- Automatically corrects wiring and baud rate errors on the AIS pilot plug.
- Accurate ROT – complies with accuracy requirements of ship gyro standards.
- Battery-powered (15+ hours) and completely isolated from ship’s power.
- Portable – no installation required.
- Self-monitoring and temperature compensated – no user calibration.
- Loss Prevention – on-board audio alarm for wireless link loss helps pilots to remember to stow it before leaving a ship.
- Size: 114 mm x 79 mm x 24 mm (4.5 in x 3.1 in x 0.94 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.5 oz)
- Operating Temperature: 4 to 40°C (40 to 104°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 50°C (-4 to 122 °F)
- 7-pin eSATA, female
- Mini-B USB
- DC Jack
Rate of Turn Sensor
- Accuracy complies with IMO Resolution A.526 (13) and ISO 20672:2007
- Class I Bluetooth radio with dynamic power management
- USB connector provides backup communications path
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Operating time at 23°C (75°F): 15+ hours with Bluetooth connection
- Battery recharge time: 3-4 h
- LED indicators for low power and charge status
- Auto-corrects for wiring errors on the pilot plug
- Scans for PPI signals at 9600, 19200 and 38400 baud rates
- Night mode dims the LED status lights at night
- Soft shutdown after 60 minutes of no AIS data and no Bluetooth connection to conserve battery life
- USB cable can be used for charging the battery and for hard-wire connection
- Firmware can be updated in the field
- Loopback adapter for verifying ship wiring issues
Download the Revolve rate of turn sensor information.