A Unique Anti-Exposure Protection Solution
Raven Aerostar’s Fuel Handler Coverall provides protection against jet fuel for operators who work inside aircraft fuel tanks and tanks with anti-explosive foams. The Fuel Handler Coverall’s unique fabric provides electrostatic protection and significantly greater protection from jet fuels than treated cotton coveralls while offering breathability that minimizes the risk of heat stress during long duration activity.
Military Outerwear Fabric
Using breathable Gore-Tex® Military Outerwear Fabric, the Fuel Handler Coverall is the first garment to combine comfort with protection from liquid fuel splash. The Military Outerwear Fabric provides resistance against perspiration and contaminates, such as jet fuel, gasoline, hydraulic fluid, DEET, petroleum, oils, and lubricants. This resilient fabric is constructed from a nylon filament outer material, a breathable membrane, and an anti-static nylon knit backer, which delivers better durability and a longer life cycle.
- Generous sizing allows for more freedom of movement and easy donning and doffing
- Liquid penetration resistance for wet fuel operations
- Relief from heat stress and increased comfort by allowing sweat vapor to escape
- Protection in cold and windy conditions
- Effective barrier against sand and other particles
- Detachable hood can be used with or without a respirator
- Storm flaps prevent liquid from penetrating the zipper
- Inner stretch cuff and outer sleeve closure minimize liquid entry.
U.S. Air Force Approved
As a result of “JP-8 Personnel Protective Equipment and Coverall Durability Studies,” a tri-layer Fuel Handler’s Coverall is required by U.S. Air Force Technical Order 1-1-3, Inspection and Repair of Aircraft Integral Tanks and Fuel Cells. This Coverall is extensively tested and meets U.S. Air Force requirements for liquid penetration, heat stress, anti-static, durability, and fit.